Friday, January 29, 2010

I can do it if I set my mind to it! The question is, Will I?

Ok, so I want to be a runner. My whole life I have hated to run. HATED! That fire in my lungs? I hate it. I have never been one for speed. I can walk forever, but speed isn't my thing. I was never athletic or coordinated as a child. And P.E. was my less than least favorite hour of school.
Having said all that, I have always envied those who get out there and run. They look great, they have great energy and personality and seem to have thier lives in control.
So I have decided to do the Couch to 5k challenge in 9 weeks. Right now we live in a very nice gated community with security, so if I am ever going to start, this would be the place. It is beautiful here and I love going for walks.
However, everytime I think about getting out there and doing it, I find an excuse not to and say, oh I'll start next week, and then I get on the eliptical instead.
About a week ago when I decided to start, I couldn't because I needed shoes. Then I realized I can't afford the prices they are wanting for new running shoes, so I will use the ones I have, and start. I am a little worried since the shoes aren't the greatest and I am worried that I will end up with an injury, but I will have to see.
I feel great for having started to workout again on a regular basis. But I really need to just commit to doing it and get out there and try. You never know what you can do if you don't try right?

No comments:

Post a Comment